Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Advisor to be based in our Perth office reporting to the Vice President, Specialist Engineering & Consulting with a remit to service the APAC region.
In this role you will provide sound commercial support ensuring commercial activities are carried out in line with the companies commercial policies and procedures. You will cover both pre and post contract and commercial activities and ensure delivery of commercial reporting, review and analysis. A key part of this role will be utilitising your effective communication skills to build strong working relationships with both internal stakeholders and our external clients. Other accountabilities of the role include:
- Pre-contract tender support covering commercial activities including tax and contract reviews, cost rate preparation, gross margin checks and risk compliance
- Implement Tender Governance process
- Post-Contract administration, supporting internal stakeholders in the submission of variation and contract amendment requests and claims, including obtaining client approvals as appropriate
- Promoting commercial awareness to internal stakeholders
- Driving focus on cash management and imporvement related to Day Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Championing the Financial Management Framework (FMF) and provide guidance the internal team
- Provision of specific commercial and contractual advice to the business as required
- Administer KPI schemes in line with agreed contract terms and conditions
- Liaise with internal customers regarding commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Deliver Commercial Presentations to both internal and external stakeholder
- Deliver on assignments related to the internal commercial improvement plan
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those that currently hold a Permanent Residency (PR) visa in order to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
To succeed in this role we are seeking applicants with the following skills, background, qualifications and experience.
- Degree law, business administration, commerce, quantity surveying or similar discipline, alternatively an equivalent level of recent relevant work experience
- 5 - 10 years suitable experience involved in contract or commercial management within the energy sector such as renewables, oil & gas or chemical industry
- Strong working knowledge and experience in commercial administration and procedures
- Recent relevant experience with key contracting concepts and principles
- Experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation
- Estimating experience would be well regarded
- Competent in change management
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.