Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Performs routine tasks in the design of new products and makes improvements to existing products. Learning to evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Work is overseen by leader to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular discipline. Resolves routine questions or problems, referring only complex issues to a higher level. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not limited to: strength of material, stress analysis, simple torque, tension, and compression; simple statics and dynamics; material selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Modifies existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Creates engineering layouts for fit, form and function.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to complete design reviews.
- Prepares, checks and or directs the preparation of detailed drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets predetermined technical specifications.
- Prepares documentation as required for Engineering files.
- Develops new products and services.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating, etc.
- Understands the key limitations and advantages to manufacturing the product in different manners.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes recommendations.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics, vibrations and burst and collapse analysis.
- Coordinates all activities associated with technical developments, scheduling, budgeting, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Assists others with all engineering activities to include working within the Product Development Process.
- Anticipates possible failure modes on products and recommends solutions based on experience.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of critical components to eliminate possible failure modes.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Independent engineer, capable of pursuing the necessary information needed to make a decision and making the decision, even when the information collected is less than complete.
- Working knowledge of API 11D1 or ISO 14310 and other API specifications
- Proven technical problem solving ability.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of rubber and elastomer modelling and Finite Element Analysis
- Creo design and detail
- Knowledge of rubber and/or elastomer molding and manufacturing processes
- At least three years of oil field experience.