Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting a QAQC E&I Inspector - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision, and guidance of the day - to - day activities for delivery of the Quality Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end - to - end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
To provide support to the Project HUC Phase through sound technical knowledge by having awareness of Codes, Standards, Specifications, Project supplementary specifications and that of the Scope of Work. A pro - active approach in resolving any site QC Inspection issues / actions and maintaining teamwork with other disciplines / functions to ensure overall successful completion. At site, this Team Member will be responsible for ensuring scopes during the installation and onwards towards Mechanical Completions of all Electrical and Instrumentation systems. Responsibilities shall include overseeing the works during terminations and testing, together with system testing and acceptance of generated paperwork associated with these discipline scopes.
- Inspect, monitor, and oversee all hook - up phase electrical and instrumentation activities
- Ensure positive understanding of project codes, standards, specifications, directly associated with the project
- Ensure compliance with requirements of inspection and test plans and work procedures
- Work together with other discipline QC Inspectors on quality control surveillance / inspection issues as needed
- Interface with construction and commissioning teams to ensure understanding or interpretation of job requirements, be pro - active and guide whenever needed to minimize rework
- Inspect and review the condition and documentation of all supplied equipment and their appurtenances and bulk materials; upon arrival at site and / or prior to incorporation into facilities
- Attend QC Inspection intervention points as indicated by the respective discipline ITPs
- Review and accept ITPs to ensure demonstration of satisfactory mechanical completion
- Monitor and inspect field construction activities on a day - to - day basis to ensure the installation is in compliance with the approved drawings, specification, and applicable codes
- Ensure adequate QC Inspection is carried out. Recommend and participate in resolution of corrective action and monitor completion of action for identified non - conformances and deficiencies
- Support HUC Team in resolving engineering or product deficiencies
- Bring observed non - conformances to the attention of the 'Site Quality Lead'. Ensure that proper action is taken to protect equipment from contamination and mechanical damage
- Participate in reviewing / verifying of all records demonstrating either sub - system or system completion towards Mechanical Completion
- Verify and accept Mechanical Completion of system Punch Lists. Ensure that both electrical and instrumentation content as compiled within the system dossiers are progressively and fully populated for handover
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and Training:
- HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or City & Guilds Electrical Technician Certificate
- HNC in Measurement and Control
- CompEX qualifications background
- Previous construction experience within the oil and gas industry
- Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives
- Exposure to Hazardous Area installations
- Instrument calibrations including ultrasonic flow meter, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters etc.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a comparable role
- A working knowledge of BS / IEC / ISO / API / ATEX / EEMUA codes and standards relating to electrical and instrumentation work
- Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations / legislation relating to electrical and instrumentation work
- Knowledge of safety legislation and regulations
- Has undergone specialist training in installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous and potentially explosive environments and possesses a valid competency certificate from a recognized training institution or an assessment body
- Has experiences in HV & LV installation practices, including HV cable terminations / joints
- Familiar with instrument and systems installation requirements including control and actuated vales, small bore piping / fittings and compression tubing / fittings installation and testing
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and work history of Electrical / Instruments as applicable to Project HUC and site installation, and testing works
- Experience of the needs of other disciplines and how these link to the mechanical completion and commissioning activities, particularly: piping, E&I / T, control systems, mechanical, metering etc.
- A sound knowledge of ITR, Area QC Inspection / Handovers and its deliverables
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems as they need apply to Projects
- Associated offshore Oil & Gas Installation experience
Competencies - Technical:
- Capable of working in a high - pressure offshore environment ensuring that all Electrical and Instrument scope of work have been executed by the project in a professional workmanship manner, in accordance with project Work Pack requirements, whereby scope can be fully demonstrated by supporting document evidence
- Ensure all handover documentation from Mechanical Completion through to Commissioning is fully populated
Competencies - Project / Department specific:
- Experience in inspection coordination
- A working knowledge of management systems and their application to projects
- Understanding of working with applicable regulatory bodies
- Must be willing (and certified) to travel offshore
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.