Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Turnaround Materials Coordinator beginning ASAP until Dec 13th, 2021, with possible extension until Dec 2022. Turnaround Materials Coordinator:
Reporting to the TA Planning Supervisor your primary accountability will be to ensure all materials and external shops services are available to meet all Turnaround requirements for any scheduled Turnarounds or Outages in Upgrading & Utilities and ensuring expectations are being met by all parties involved as per scope of work. Key Accountabilities:
- Review worklist to identify long lead delivery items and ensure they are timely ordered as required.
- Work with a Team of Planners to obtain bill of materials for planned work orders within CMMS
- Create purchase requisitions for materials on direct charge for any materials required and which are not in the onsite warehouses.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and suppliers and ensure best delivery times are obtained and ensure all required documentation is supplied by vendors
- Audit outstanding PO's and material ETA's, expedite past due purchase orders and requisitions
- Keep lines of communication open; participate in regularly scheduled meetings with key stakeholders on work package material requirements.
- Coordinate with internal and external shops services required in the scope of the schedule and unscheduled activities.
- Coordinate with Planners the procurement of all required spares, materials and external shops services to execute the jobs as per the scope for all related work orders.
- Prepare and distribute materials dashboard reports, including tracking KPI's for delivery dates and ensure to flag/alert on those with potential delays.
- Ensure the just-in-time arrival of catalysts & resins, etc.
- Manage the timed shipping and receiving of all items sent for repair (i.e. PSV certifications, steam tests, exchanger's components, valves, etc.)
- Comply with all health and safety and safe work procedures
- Know and comply with all regulations and legislative requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta and environmental standards
- Report any injury or illness immediately
- Report unsafe acts and conditions
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when required
- This position is based at our client's site in Fort McMurray, Alberta
Skills & Qualifications:
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
- Shift schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off (Monday to Thursday) with rotating weekend coverage which includes repair coordinator support for emergent work.
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Materials management in an upgrader, refinery or other industrial plant setting
- Interprovincial Red Seal Trade Certificate, a Technical Diploma, a University Degree or equivalent
- Maintenance CMMS and MS Office software
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.