Roles and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities include:
- The Condition Based Maintenance Engineer is the technical expert for the parts life and the maintenance rules of Heavy Duty technology gas turbines flange to flange and Auxiliary Systems. This position covers for GE10/PPGT10 and Nova LT Family Gas Turbines.
He/She will use field data collection, condition based and predictive maintenance techniques, residual life estimate and related endeavors to develop the maintenance rules to sustain the Contractual Service agreements and related functions. The position will require the technical coordination of inputs from cross-functional Engineering teams including CHT, Contractual Service Risk and Operations teams, Global Operation Field Service and Service Shop and also external suppliers.
- Assess the risk to operate the Gas Turbine units and the Auxiliary Systems for extended maintenance intervals beyond internal BH policy and identify the proper mitigation actions.
- Field inspections to verify parts status, quantify defects with respect operational life, collects data to fine tune life models
- To Define acceptance criteria at parts failure modes level in order to mitigate and control the risk.
- Build Gas Turbine and Auxiliary Systems components history through repair and field GT maintenance events analyses.
Develop empirical/analytical models to predict forced outage exposure, fallout rates at shop and replacement life limit of Gas Turbines capital parts.
- Interact with the BH Digital Teams and support the delivery of predictive technology products/analytics and services for maintenance optimization and parts life assessment. t
- Effectively drive and report the analyses for the fleet reliability improvements to Customer.
- Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering degree or related engineering experience.
- Green Belt
- Relevant work experience
- Strong knowhow of field maintenance and repair for Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine driven trains Auxiliary Systems.
- Knowledge of Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine driven trains Auxiliary Systems design and plant operation.
- Reliability methodology and statistical modeling experience.
- Programming skills to develop prognostic digital maintenance technique
- Strong technical, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to own resolution and closure of complex issues.
- Must have a solid understanding of engineering principles.
- Knowledge of Gas Turbine outage activities and scheduling
- Motivated self-starter, promotes teamwork in a cross functional environment, and has excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding the CS business.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.