Petroplan are recruiting for an experienced Wind Farm Engineering Manager to join a new Green Hydrogen facility being developed in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The incumbent is accountable for the basic and detailed engineering execution for a 10000MW Wind Farm being executed via the EPC.
The Wind Farm Project Engineering Manager will report to the Project Engineering Director who has overall responsibility to the Project Director. Contract :
Fixed-term contract - long term project Location :
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Salary:
market rates and negotiable dependent on experience
** please note this is a residential role based in Dhahran, full single status accommodation provided** Responsibilities/Requirements :
- Must possess expert-level engineering management skills and knowledge, along with exceptional communication and influencing skills.
- The role requires significant interaction with strategic partners, power EPCs, and OEM suppliers to ensure effective coordination across all involved to ensure delivery on commitments.
- Interface extensively with external and internal parties on engineering and technical matters and shall have significant travel / possible relocating to the Wind Farm EPC engineering office location and then the wind farm construction site for the construction phase.
- Responsible for driving engineering progress on the project and shall flag any deficiencies or problems with progress to ensure that they can be resolved or escalated efficiently. They shall also oversee the identification and assessment of potential changes that may occur during the project.
- The project is executed utilizing multi-office execution capabilities, necessitating a robust cross-cultural competency.
- Experience of working with WTG OEMs, and EPCs on large scale Wind Farm projects is essential
- Required to supervise the EPC for the full scope of execution from WTG selection, with multiple pooling stations at 33kV and export at 380kV via OHL to the grid switching station.
- Working knowledge of current IEC standards, including establishment of Wind Farm performance guarantees, testing procedures, and type certification of WTG units is required.
- Experience working in the Middle East and knowledge of local and national standards including KSA SAF standards, HCIS requirements and the Saudi Electrical Code would also be an advantage.
- During project development, establish strategies for Engineering and Design - plus Engineering field support. Review deliverables prepared by the Wind Farm EPC and the WTG OEM, and assess any JV, strategic partners', or other third parties' scope to ensure alignment, and that there are no gaps.
- Oversight and direction of all engineering execution activities including safety in design, - on time on budget on quality, including the Wind Farm EPC, third party engineering companies, JV owners engineer team and JV.
- Ensures effective technical coordination with EPC, Clients, or third-party representatives:
- Co-ordinates the review of JV specifications and procedures, preparation of deviation lists, and manages the review of EPC deliverables & vendor drawings related to the Wind Farm scope of work.
- Lead the internal and/or external problem-solving necessary to arrive at appropriate engineering decisions.
- Ensures all changes are identified and managed in accordance with the project procedures
- Ensures that lessons learned for engineering are clearly identified, recorded, and communicated.
- Perform Hold Point Checks (determine measures to be taken against risks, HSE requirements and savings potential) and Design and HSE Reviews and check and release essential documents for the next project phase (phase achievement).
- Develop and lead a high-performing engineering team that includes other functions, external partners. Motivate the team members involved in the project to complete performance.
- Maintain a safe work environment and support corporate and organizational safety goals in the office, with suppliers, and at fabrication and field sites.
- Ensure Risk Management procedures are followed, and any issues identified and addressed/resolved.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.