Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Senior Pipeline Engineer
12 Month (Extendable) Contract. Inside IR35.
- Reviews, comments and validate key EPC engineering documents
- Ensuring consistency of Pipeline seismic design, thermal expansion, buoyancy and upheaval buckling studies.
- Validate pipeline routing adjustments, alignment sheet, GIS, etc.
- Ensure that pipeline design and installation is conducted with respect to the requirements of ASME B31.4, API RP1110, API1104, etc.
- Validate key specifications, requisitions, designs, procedures, layout arrangements issued by the installation contractors
- Ensure the alignment of various disciplines including Interfaces, Process, Material & Corrosion, Operations, Flow Assurance, Instrumentation and Electrical
- Assists with the management of the pipeline design and installation contractors
- Prepares key technical papers on critical issues
- To participate in technical reviews when necessary: at the detailed engineering stage (Company Project reviews, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL etc.)
- To participate in technical reviews related to the procurement/supply activities)
- Participate as necessary to: pipeline and engineering workshops and reviews, audits, 3D model reviews, pre-commissioning and commissioning workshops, risk workshops
- Liaises with the EPC performing the detail engineering, the LLI suppliers, the EPC, the specialized contractors for optic fibre, coating etc.
- Validate the pipeline inspection and maintenance strategy and the definition of Emergency Pipeline Repair, Service studies
- Perform site visits to manufacturers (line pipe, coating, valves, etc.) as required
- Perform site visits during construction to review progress and compliance to procedures
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour about Ethics and project "code of conduct" policy
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position
- Graduate Masters or Bachelor engineering degree highly specialized pipeline/material engineer
- Experience of work as discipline specialist on large oil & gas project gained during studies and on the field
- Knowledge of NDE techniques (UT, RT, PT, MT and computerized versions of same)
- Good knowledge of fracture mechanics, engineering critical assessment methods and strain base design
- Experience with pipe manufacturing, hot induction bending and forging industries
- Previous experience with pipe coating and onshore facilities
- Good communication skills and computer literate.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. English Mandatory.
If interested, please send your CV through and we will arrange a call to discuss in full details.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.