Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments - Canada is hiring a Senior Project Manager Mining/Geotechnical/Environmental
for our Geotechnical Mining Project Team which provides engineering/design project management services to large design and EPC(M) mining projects.
The successful candidate must have experience in tailings design/management. This individual will have overall responsibility for managing the bidding and execution of major Geotechnical/Environmental Mining projects, ranging from field exploration programs to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, as well as the management and coordination of project personnel and sub-consultants to ensure safe, cost effective, and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. Please note this position can be based in any of our Canadian offices (with the option to work remotely). Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Manage multi-disciplined projects teams comprised of various engineering and environmental discipline specialists, and associated subconsultants.
- Interface directly with clients on projects.
- Network with new and existing clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities.
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates.
- Preparation of engineering designs, detailed reports, plans, assessments and studies.;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to senior, intermediate and junior professional staff and engineers.
- Developing and implementing the project execution plan.
- Ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner that meets and/or exceeds client expectations.
- Providing leadership to the project team on HSSE matters and ensuring that all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSSE execution plan.
- Monitoring and reviewing all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, design, supply chain management.
- Overseeing the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports.
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems.
- Ensuring project requirements for permits, licenses and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date.
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews.
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects throughout Canada and internationally.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of project management experience managing multi-discipline engineering and environmental project teams, and associated subconsultants.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing projects in excess of $5M.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Experience in designing or construction Tailings Management Facilities
- Current registration or eligibility to register as a P.Eng. in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia.
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset. PMP designation is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, communication and team-building skills.
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management on project/program performance, bid evaluation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and subconsultants.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to travel to project sites, sometimes in remote and physically challenging locations.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.