The successful candidate will join the Field Data Expert and Data Science Manager team and he / she is responsible for the generation of models and algorithms that suits the business needs, satisfies stakeholder requirements, and for achieving the targeted goals in the broader Digital strategy for the services to Customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks, leveraging his/her expertise.
- He/She will develop models and algorithms/analytics within assigned projects taking care of the technical standpoint, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- He/She, in the process of analytics creation, will follow each aspect of development ranging from requirement gathering to conceptual design, to verification, validation and final implementation including handover to operation/OTR teams. This may include the management of pilot installations at customer sites for development purposes as well as rework and upgrade for analytics maintenance throughout life-cycle
- He/She will ensure the use of state of the art methodologies to carry out his/ her job in the most productive and effective way. This may include research activities to identify and introduce new technologies in the field of data acquisition and data analysis. Furthermore, this may lead to conference/journal publications and patent filing. .
- He/She will prepare all relevant technical documentation related to development phase always consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- He/She will interface with the rest of the Digital and Managed Services group, ensuring the his/her work is correctly aligned the the infrastructure and application ecosystem, and will interface with the Business Analysts to make sure that (if needed) his/her work makes the ecosystem grow with the right synergies
- He/She is a great team player, shares her work to make the team successful and cares about growing as a group
- He/She will interface with appropriate engineering teams, relevant Product/ Program Manager and Product Owner as well as GE partners that are collaborating to the project eventually acting as technical leader.
- He/She will work in a cross-functional environment to ensure the deliverables aligns with Customer and business needs and deliverables are achieved timely
- He/She will support Operations and OTR teams during first installations/applications of new products, tackling all technical issues that may arise.
- Master Degree Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.
- 3+ years relevant work experience e.g. data acquisition & processing for industrial purposes, controls, data analysis & statistics applied to large databases, thermo-dynamics and rotor-dynamics,
- He/She has a good knowledge of data mining, pattern recognition, machine learning
- Proven Python programming knowledge
- Passionate about technical work: able to identify and explore innovative solutions and figure out technology transfer.
- Self-starting attitude: able to shape ideas into real applications paying attention to details, taking ownership and being accountable for practical results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: capability of communicating complex topics in a simple and effective way.
- Teamwork attitude: ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, able to work with remote teams located in different time zones;
- Fluent English and Italian;
- Availability to travel for business
- PhD or Master in related discipline.
- Understanding of main industrial communication protocols including EGD, OPC, Modbus;
- Design and/or service experience in turbo-machinery applications (industrial, aero, marine).
- Troubleshooting experience and familiar with Root Cause Analysis methodologies.
- Knowledge of Asset Performance Management (APM) and Digital Twin and their use in Service Engineering for Monitoring & Diagnostic and Condition Based Maintenance purposes
- Java programming skillsets
- Design and implementation of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of Oil&Gas industry.
- Lean/Six-Sigma Green Belt qualification.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.