Skills: Software Specialist
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior GIS Specialist to be based in our Staines office on a staff or contract basis.
- To provide the focal point for GIS support to a wide range of subsea engineering projects
- To work collaboratively within a team of engineers, designers, project managers, software developers and other GIS personnel
- To play a key role in advancing data-centric engineering and delivery, being proactive in identifying opportunities to utilise technology and data to improve project efficiency
- Management of project GIS databases including documentation and data model development
- Validation and loading of survey and engineering data
- Production of high quality maps, charts, reports and other data deliverables for internal and external issue
- Configuration and optimization of map services, SQL reports and other content for web-based GIS portals
- Creating SQL database views for data publishing and migration
- Configuration and validation of database loading tools
- Collaborating with engineers and designers on pipeline routing and other GIS analysis tasks
- Participation in project meetings and workshops
- Writing GIS data specifications and other technical material
- Leading internal and external training programs on GIS applications
- Raising awareness and supporting the wider adoption of GIS technology through workshops, presentations and marketing materials
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Geographic Information Systems or a related field.
- Previous experience in an engineering related role.
- Must have prior experience in ESRI ArcGIS products including ArcGIS Server and 3D Analyst and/or Spatial Analyst.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and data exchange with ESRI products.
- Strong SQL Server or related RDBMS skills.
- Experience working with digital elevation models and performing terrain analysis.
- Ability to process and analyse raster based data.
- A good understanding of coordinate systems and transformations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required to deliver projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment to deliver on team goals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.