Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Construction Project Controls
* Experienced with all phases and scope elements of pipeline projects.
* Person experienced pipeline contractor labour, material and equipment estimating and forecasting.
* Develop plans based on budget, schedule and available resource.
* Demonstrate high competency with Microsoft Project and knowledgeable with schedule interdependencies and critical path methodology.
* Demonstrate high competency with Microsoft Excel manipulating data and streamlining consistent and accurate report.
* Deliver daily reports and critique and validate bi-weekly contractor deliverables.
* Monitor and validate progress against plan.
* Working knowledge and capable of validating construction Cost Performance Indicator/Schedule Performance Index.
* Deliver accurate and consistent productivity reports and actions.
* Monitor progress of construction and verifies progress payment certificates * Lead a multidiscipline team to ensure the pipeline project is constructed in a cost effective and efficient manner in accordance to the governing code, corporate specifications, best practices & regulatory requirements * Monitor contractor's compliance to HSE regulations to ensure consistency with Corporate Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS) elements * Ensure all construction contractors, and other third parties construction activities are performed and meet contractual requirements and obligations while adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and safe work practices * Ensure compliance to drawings, codes and ITPs * Facilitates coordination between Contractors and company CMT and other company entities (C and SU/Operations/Drilling and Completions etc.) * Participates in and supports System Completion process (Walk Downs, Inspections, Testing) * Verifies and authorizes cost reimbursable activities of the Contractors for approved change requests
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Graduate of an applicable technical diploma program, and/or combination of education and relevant experience * 5-7 years' Supervisory experience in heavy industrial oil & gas construction project management * 5-7 years' experience in large diameter pipeline construction and operation of gas and oil production facilities/pipelines * Ability to read and understand construction documents including contracts, drawings, specifications, subcontracts * Familiarity with relevant construction codes, standards, and practices * Computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications * Valid Drivers License
* Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
* Must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be regarded as a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism * Relevant designations are a requirement to apply.
* Owner and Contractor experience is required.
* In addition to HSE, the quality inspection background will be weighted heavily
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.