Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Principal Ecologist for a permanent position, ideally based in Inverness, but can be flexible on location within Scotland.
Excellent career progression opportunities within a successful and expanding team. This is a Principal role who will have responsibility for team development, team performance and coaching / supervision of ecology staff.
The selected candidate will work within a supportive and driven team, delivering Group targets for sales, successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
Some travel is involved, for which a company pool car is available and for which a valid driving licence will be required. Occasionally travel by air will be required, for which a valid passport and photo ID is required.
The ideal candidate will possess a BSc or MSc in Ecology or related discipline and a Membership of a relevant professional body such as CIEEM.
- European Protected Species and Phase 1 Habitat surveys.
- Leading ecology and EcoW project teams.
- Construction site operations, how ecology and environmental issues impact on these operations, and how to deliver pragmatic mitigation solutions.
- Ecological project management.
- Communicating successfully with individuals at all levels.
- Senior role in professional services delivery.
- CSCS card holder.
- A successful track record of leading ecology, ornithology, and habitat survey project teams in Scotland (e.g.bat, water vole, otter, badger, Scottish wildcat, pine marten and other EPS).
- Experienced project manager of EIA and ecology related legislation, Habitats Regulations Appraisal (HRA).
- Managing the delivery of ecological planning requirements such as preparation of ecology EIA chapters, Habitat Management Plans, Monitoring Plans or CEMPs.
- Experience working as a Senior or Principal Ecologist and Ecological Clerk of Works / Environment Manager.
- Good understanding or development of best practice guidelines, survey methods, planning processes and environmental assessment methods.