Posted: Nov 08, 2021
Posted: Nov 08, 2021
Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Advisor to join our team based in Perth on a full-time basis for an immediate start.
Reporting directly to the Senior Commercial Advisor, you will support the full contract lifecycle across pre-award and post-award phases including the day-to day head contract administration across Wood's portfolio of key clients.
In this fast-paced role, you will partner with a diverse range of internal stakeholders including operational and functional teams to support commercial risk management and maximise value creation for Wood.
- Promoting safe working practices within commercial function
- Under supervision, working closely with the proposals team to perform pre-award activities including;
- Commercial review of tender documents
- Preparing commercial proposals including tender prices and estimates
- Preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes
- Coordinating commercial and legal qualifications
- Supporting the Tender Governance process at tender preparation, submission and completion stages
- Performing post award administration including, but not limited to;
- Ensuring contracts are set up correctly in the appropriate business system
- Ensuring invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Providing support to contract management teams to ensure commercial and contractual entitlements are understood
- Undertaking rate reviews
- Ensuring change is captured in contract variations/amendments
- Provides commercial support to a small team of contract finance personnel to ensure contractual and commercial compliance
- Preparing monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution
- Support governance and implementation of Wood policies and processes including Tender Governance, Financial Management Framework, Project Governance Dashboard Reviews and Risk Reviews
Skills / Qualifications
You must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
In addition, ideally you will have:
- 2-4 years' experience in successful contract administration/management and governance however we would welcome hearing from recent graduates
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, construction management or similar discipline will be well regarded
- Knowledge of key contracting concepts, principles and commercial risk management
- Knowledge and experience of commercial administration processes and procedures
- Proven experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation.
What will set you apart will be your previous experience working in a similar role within Oil & Gas, Mining, or Infrastructure.
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrow's most critical challenges.
Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an experienced Commercial Advisor, we encourage you to apply today!
Shortlisting to commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.