Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Inventory Control, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Supply Operations Advisor for a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
The duties of this position are:
• Optimize supply processes through automation tools and streamlined reporting
• Assist in automation of processes to reduce reliance on manual processes and enable decision making and capture additional value
• Create reports that support the creation and presentation of the monthly supply plan
• Create reports that support the end of month performance review of the monthly supply plan
• Aid in optimizing the placement of equity production within the network
• Learn Supply advisor role and duties
• Become competent in supply process work to provide bench strength for team
• Effectively manage allocations in the IOL ACE system to ensure availability of product for network and customers
• Understand exchange partner contracts and balance exchanges based on contractual agreements
• Become a systems expert in both SMS and Allegro
• Enable a single source of truth for Supply & Trading financial and operational reports and questions
• Aid in resolving questions regarding BOL, invoice, and other customer/sales disputes
• Create reports from systems to aid in preparation for financial and operational performance reviews
• Support regulatory and trading processes
• Aid in the creation of reports for the presentation of the monthly regulatory compliance plan
• Aid in the creation of reports for the monthly performance review of the biofuel compliance plan
• Optimize regulatory compliance process with automation and streamlined reporting risks
The primary processes that are managed by the Supply and Trading team are: Supply Planning and Biofuels Compliance. Each of these processes have unique risks that the Supply Operations Advisor will address.
• Site Run Outs - Creating lift letters and ensuring the supply is available for the Logistics team to access from our suppliers mitigates the reputational and financial risks of sites being out of fuel.
• Reporting on Performance - Intelligently reporting on the Supply Planning process allows senior members of the team to adapt the supply plan to optimize revenues. This mitigates financial risk of non-optimized (more expensive) supply to sites and non-optimized fuel from our suppliers.
• Regulatory Penalties - Each province (and soon Federal) have their own biofuels compliance regulations and requirements. The risk of not meeting these regulations is both a financial and reputation risk. These risks are mitigated through this role of improved visibility into the regulatory and trading processes as the performance of our regulatory compliance is tracked and regularly reported.
The proper mitigation of these risks will save the company approximately $500,000 annually.
• A Degree in Economics, Science, Engineering, Commerce or similar field
• 2 - 5 years of experience in managing a supply plan for a retail fuels business
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.