Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Geotechnical Engineer, Mining
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting a Senior Geotechnical Engineer focused in Tailings and Mine Waste to join our team in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. The ideal candidate will be have exceptional technical and client interface skills coupled with the ability to oversee a group of consultants, delivering primarily geotechnical and tailings management services to the mining industry.
This is an opportunity to take the lead technical role on interesting and important projects under a variety of diverse terrain and project conditions offering accelerated responsibility and exceptional experience.
- Consult on tailings management projects for North American and International clients
- Undertake business development as well as establish and maintain client relationships
- Interact with Client technical reps to determine work scopes and then deliver work products on time and budget.
- As required by clients, act as DOR or EOR.
- Participate in marketing efforts, prepare technical proposals and reports which may include; design, analyses, geotechnical subsurface explorations, tailings deposition planning, earthworks design, slope stability analysis, construction documents and management of construction monitoring services
- Provide senior technical input and review of designs, working with a multi-disciplinary team including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geochemists, rock mechanics, environmental and other disciplines
- Provide excellent practical client service with a commitment to technical excellence
- Collaborate with other Wood offices and geotechnical engineering staff on projects in Western Canada and elsewhere
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Geological, Geotechnical or Civil (geotechnical option) Engineering
- Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registration or eligibility for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the mining sector, specifically in design and construction of tailings facilities. Oilsands experience would be a definite asset as would knowledge of tailings management options.
- 5 or more years of experience as responsible technical charge on design and construction of tailings storage facilities and waste dumps, directing team efforts
- Experience in presenting and defending work products to
- Regulatory Agencies and External Review Boards.
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a passion for technical excellence
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, management and leadership qualities
- Strong command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation) with ability to put together well thought out and concise reports and presentations to various audiences
- Excellent workplace safety practices
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to a variety of project sites
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.