Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Looking for a great opportunity? Come join Wood as a Drilling Supervisor. The main responsibility for this role will be providing on-site drilling oversight on exploratory and subsequent development wells.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Overall safety and environmental aspects of the operations.
- Ensures local regulations are strictly complied with at all times.
- Develops a plan for the successful and efficient implementation of the Drilling program to optimize operations.
- Reacts to and controlling any situation regarding the rig and personnel onboard.
- Tracks and controls costs.
- Maintains records and reports of operations.
- Maintains good communication between office and rig.
- Coordinates and critiques service company activities.
- Provides office based operational support as required.
- Reviews and optimizes drilling programs/procedures.
- Assists in preparation of drilling documentation/manuals.
Participates in emergency preparedness and permitting activities
Skills / Qualifications
- 10-15 years of experience.
- 14/14 rotation
- Provides oversight to professional and/or lead staff.
- Responsibilities may include several technical/functional areas.
- Resolves complex problems.
- Provides input to development of technical/functional strategies and ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Decisions are guided by functional objectives.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.