Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Piping Designer in our South Jordan, Utah office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- May serve as the lead designer on a small project with few technical complexities-planning and technically supervising the design activities-or may serve in an individual contributor role-developing drawings, designs and creative solutions for problems.
- Independently performs routine and moderately complex tasks and recognizes the need for and requests help when needed.
- Prepares all types of designs, layouts, basic plans, studies and/or calculations in conformance with applicable codes and design standards from preliminary sketches, diagrams and other information.
- Develops CAD drawings, designs and solutions for problems.
- Prepares and checks lists of materials or specifications utilizing knowledge and/or engineering practices and fundamentals, shop and erection practices, etc.
- Checks own work for practicality from the standpoint of fabrication, installation or maintenance.
- Performs most assignments independently, but consults with others and receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- Plans work and meets deadlines without supervisor action.
- Suggests, justifies and implements design improvements.
- Coordinates work with others and may advise and/or be assisted by other less experienced designers.
- Checks work of other designers for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Qualifications
- Working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD 2016 required and CADWorx 2016 or newer preferred. Experience with other 3D industrial piping design software will also be considered.
- Must have a working knowledge of P&ID symbology.
- 10+ years experience with industrial piping design. Must be fully competent and knowledgeable about design/drafting principles and practices associated with petrochemical, chemical, refinery and mining facilities. Must understand how the piping design integrates into and impacts the complete project.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the job site on occasion to gather field information pertinent to the completion of the jobs.
- Plans resources accordingly based on workload and client specifications.
- Responds to both internal and external requests for service and assistance.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates own work to produce timely, accurate, high quality results.
- Works cooperatively and efficiently with others.
- Follows policies and procedures; works with integrity and ethically.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Aligns work with strategic goals, while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Performs routine work with minimal supervision.
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.