Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Wood is looking for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer to join our Process Team. The role will be based in Madrid.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable teamwork capabilities. They will be confident in their own ability to demonstrate Oil & Gas and Petrochemical experiences to support the effective delivery of Process Safety and Loss Prevention activities in Projects.
- To carry out engineering activities as directed by the Lead Technical Safety engineer.
- Carry out Loss Prevention deliverables such as Hazardous Fluid List, Active Fire Protection Philosophy, Firefighting P&IDs and Layouts, Fire &Gas Detection Philosophy and Layouts, Fire & Gas Cause and Effect Charts, Hazardous Area Classification Philosophy and Layouts, Fireproofing Philosophy and Drawings, Escape Routes Layouts and Safety Signs, etc.
- Facilitate and/or participate in technical safety reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP, Bow-Tie, SIL, SIL verification, LOPA, Plot Plan review, 3D Model review, and to develop related procedures.
- Review Vendor's detailed firefighting documentation.
- To produce and review specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems.
- Comply with the requirements of the Continuous improvement policies in all our Company activities, to guarantee a position of global performance improvement.
- Software: PHA Works.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc. degree in Chemical Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years' experience in oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as Technical Safety Engineer.
- Master in any safety studies (PHA; RAMs, etc) will be an advantage.
- Proven experience is required in OIL & Gas, Upstream, LNG Regasification and Refining (Crude and Vacuum, Delayed Coking, Hydrotreating, Hydrocracking, FCC, Alkylation, SRU, SWS, Utilities & Offsites, etc.)
- Recommended to have participated as a facilitator for Process Hazard Analysis studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, Environmental experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Fire & Gas, Firefighting, Fire Proofing and HAZOP.
- Ability of reviewing technical safety studies of QRA, FMEDA, BRA, Vent Dispersion, and Flare radiation will be an advantage.
- A self-driven and meticulous individual who has the strong ability to multi-task.
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful, and proactive.
- Flexible approach and able to with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent command of Spanish (Native will be an advantage) and English languages.
- Holding a valid permit to live and work in Spain is required.
- Immediate availability to join.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.