Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounting activities in accordance with applicable laws and accounting standards (IFRS)
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing that is timely and complete
- Review revenue, UOP depletion, DD&A, Capitalized Interest, and other monthly entries
- Review account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and manage periodic local and corporate financial statements for accurate reporting
- Prepare Accounting memos for internal and external audit purposes
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and other Tax reporting and other fiscal obligations as applicable
- Lead, support and supervise the Accounting team in the U.S
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place for corporate and within the business units
- Coordinate budget preparation process for corporate and asset level entities and periodic forecast updates
- Maintain and review accounting procedures, processes and make improvements when necessary
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting function, and play a key role in implementation of new systems and tools
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external presentations with financial data
- Up to 20% travel
Education, Training & Certifications
- 10 years auditing or industry accounting experience
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Must have E&P Oil & Gas experience
- Ability to work with and understand E&P financial operations is essential
- Must have technical accounting experience
- Must have knowledge of IFRS and ERP systems
- Extensive experience utilizing SAP, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Excel
- French or Portuguese is a plus
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant major
- Preferably C.P.A
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.