Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Supervisor / OIM-DSL
LOCATION: Offshore; Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: 6th Generation Semi-Submersible, Sevan Louisiana
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Competitive salary and benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems, organizing and supervising the mechanical personnel onboard and assist the Mechanical Supervisor with his/her daily duties where applicable.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Formal Technical Certificate from a recognized body
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronic systems
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
- Oversee daily inspection and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Monitor and evaluate equipment performance to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability
- Read and interpret prints, schematics, diagrams and technical manuals
- Assist in ensuring that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PuglisevichUSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Senior Mechanic (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: