Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader / OIM-DSL
LOCATION: Offshore; Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: 6th Generation Semi-Submersible, Sevan Louisiana
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Competitive salary and benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment and systems, organizing and supervising the electronic personnel onboard.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college
- Five (5) years of electrical systems with two (2) of these years offshore OR two (2) years experience with an industry degree with one (1) of these years offshore
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Valid Passport/Driver's License
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
- Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained.
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
- Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
- Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
- Conversant with the Programmable Logic Computer (PLC) system and networking drive control systems
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with OEM and onshore staff
- Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on all electronic equipment are carried out
- Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
- Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
- Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PuglisevichUSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Senior Electronic Technician (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: