Posted: Nov 02, 2021
Posted: Nov 02, 2021
Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader / Senior Electronic Technician
LOCATION: Offshore; Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: 6th Generation Semi-Submersible, Sevan Louisiana
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Competitive salary and benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment and systems.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college
- Five (5) years of electrical systems OR two (2) years experience with an industry degree
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Valid Passport/Driver's License
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Safe and efficient execution of maintenance and repair activities.
- All drills and checks are conducted as required.
- All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
- Ensuring that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded
- Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials as required
- Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electronic systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
- Perform installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
- Maintain up to date back ups, images and computers. Preserve control system software and ensure software is stored in a secure location
- Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information to Senior Electronic Technician and Electrical Supervisor
- Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
- Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
- Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PuglisevichUSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Electronic Technician (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: