Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Renewables Team Lead - Owner's Engineering to join our diverse team of professionals. Ideally, the role will be seated in our Austin, TX office, but we will consider qualified applicants from any American city where Wood has a local office.
The Renewables Team Lead - Owner's Engineering will bring several years of experience of developing and implementing renewable energy projects. She/he will lead a team of project engineers and provide project management of multi-disciplinary renewable energy projects, typically solar PV, storage and hybrid and onshore wind, through FEED, EPC and package negotiations, design review, and construction phases. She/he will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and successful execution of these scopes through active client and internal team management.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Managing and mentoring a team of multi-disciplined specialists to deliver owner's engineering services including but not limited to design reviews, value engineering, contractor selection and negotiations, field inspections, progress monitoring, and construction and management and quality oversight.
- Responsible for team strategy and expansion including hiring, internal reporting, and business development in coordination with other parallel Renewable team leaders.
- Ensuring health, safety and environmental considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks.
- Add value, avoid/resolve issues, mitigate risks and manage project's finances, project contractors and contracts by applying robust project management practices and experience from previous projects.
- Regularly and accurately reporting the status of key projects to senior management.
- Participation at site visits and meetings in the USA and abroad.
- Disseminate knowledge and experiences to other team members, and supporting the development of the team and team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Engineering (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' experience of leading owner's engineering services on renewable energy projects through to construction phase
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in delivery of multiple multi-disciplinary renewable energy projects simultaneously
- Experience of high value contract management and management of contractors
- PE license in power preferred; Project Management certification preferred
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Abilty to lead and control site, progress and contractor meetings, as well as manage and mentor a team of Project Engineers
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) in English, with the abilty to engage and interface with stakeholders; bilingualism (or a p roficiency in Spanish) a strong asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Valid driving licence for use within USA
- Willingness for occasional domestic travel (up to 20%)
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.