Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chalk River, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Site Project Manager for our Remediation Business who will lead complex multi-disciplinary civil and civil/ environmental remediation projects. This position reports to the Program Manager of the Canadian Construction Remediation group and is based at the project site in Eastern Ontario.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills and will be an effective communicator with a proven track record of building and leading teams while executing environmental and/or civil construction projects in Canada.
- Lead all aspects of large remediation / civil earthworks projects;
- Manage budget, schedule, scope, client and stakeholder relations, contracts, and subcontracts;
- Manage, lead, and coach project team;
- Collaborate with managers and resources for project quality, project controls, health and safety, environmental, operations, procurement, accounting and finance;
- Actively manage and lead day to day execution of project scope;
- Report both to client project team and internal management;
- Take an active leadership role in the preconstruction of large civil and remediation pursuits;
- Provide technical direction to and mentors subordinate staff ;
- Understand, apply and oversee the implementation of a best in class safety program.
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree/Technology Diploma in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- Professional Engineer (P Eng) and PMP are considered strong assets;
- Must have 20+ years' experience managing large scale civil / remediation projects;
- Will have a minimum of ten (10) years' experience managing projects in excess of $100M.
- Experience with managing the implementation of remediation projects including decommissioning and demolition, excavation and transportation of sediment / soil contamination, radiological decontamination, dredging, water treatment slurry wall, landfill cap, and/or civil earthworks projects;
- Demonstrated ability at leading construction managers, site superintendents, safety managers, engineering managers and direct field staff;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Ontario and Federal environmental and construction regulations;
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, communication and team-building skills;
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management on project/program performance, bid evaluation, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with subcontractors ;
- Must be able to obtain Federal Government Reliability Clearance, this requires that you have a minimum of five (5) years living & working in Canada as either a Permanent Resident or Citizen ;
- Experience in the nuclear construction industry is an asset;
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.