Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Ware, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy are currently looking for expressions of interest from graduate engineers who are interested in a Project Engineer role.
We are keen to speak to individuals interested in hands-on, site based roles and looking to gain experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Under close direction and guidance from Senior Project Engineers/Project Managers, support delivery of their assigned project(s) through coordination of design, engineering, construction, completions commissioning/validation and closeout activities.
- Coordinate a series of activities performed by engineers and designers, ranging from simple single discipline scopes to more complex multi-discipline scopes ensuring the timely issuing of any deliverables to meet project specifications and timelines.
- Develop an understanding of relevant engineering and HSES procedures and standards
- Alerts more senior project engineering personnel in the event of potential delays or change; supports implementation of approved changes
- Work with the site-based construction team to ensure the construction phase is suitably prepared for smooth and safe execution
- Support with all project documentation as requested by the Senior Project Engineer, in line with Wood/Client standards/processes.
- Construction Phase Plan, facilitation of Constructability reviews, Risk Assessments/Method statements, facilitation of engineering work-packages, input to project schedules, end of phase project reports, Lessons learnt reviews, permit management/issue, Facilitate GMP support and regulatory deliverables
Quality, HSE and assurance
- Develops a basic knowledge of engineering standards and procedures; participates in key events
gaining practical experience.
• Develops understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) standards, procedures,
work practices and literature
Development and Management of Schedule
- Plans individual work activities and manages time; liaises with disciplines to ensure timely receipt of
- Follows and delivers against the project engineering manhour budget and schedule requirements.
- Reports on progress issues to facilitate resolution.
- Alerts more senior project engineering personnel in the event of potential delays or change
- Participate in design reviews to learn requirements and follow up on actions.
- Supports implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinates work of small team of technical professionals in the delivery of engineering deliverables, (typically <5>
Skills / Qualifications
ISCED Level 6 Bachelor's (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Entry level role, incumbents will typically have less than 2 years' experience
- Elementary understanding of simple technical work scopes, key dates and milestones.
- Basic knowledge of discipline engineering activities to coordinate the group
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction.
- Commercially astute and aware of the importance of Change control.
- Able to coordinate activities of small, single discipline group in one office location
- Positive attitude to learn and develop; asks to improve understanding.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative and seeks out improvements
- Good communicator verbally and in written form
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Works effectively as a member of a team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.