ITC Wells Applications & System Support Consultant - 28 x 28 Rotation - 12 Months Contract - Iraq
Essential:- provide high-level Petro-technical support for Wells applications used, including OpenWells, Data Analyzer, Profile, COMPASS, CasingSeat, StressCheck, WellPlan & WELLCAT. The position will need to support windows environments & EDM database (Oracle/SQL). The position will interact & work closely with Wells Department & will provide backup systems administration support. Mentoring & developing the staff in the applications & system administration across the Business unit (Office & Rig) will also be a key job responsibility. Key Accountabilities
The ITC Wells Applications & System Support Consultant
will be responsible primarily for Applications support, Data Loading & Management. The ITC Wells Applications & System Support Consultant will provide Landmark applications support of Drilling, Workover, Well Services & Completion software for Company's Petrotechnical Computing Environment (such as, OpenWells, Data Analyzer, Profile, COMPASS, CasingSeat, StressCheck, WellPlan, WELLCAT, EDM administration, any other Landmark applications used in by my client & support to rig site WSL & DSV). The ITC Wells Applications & System Support Consultant is required to be suitably qualified individual as onsite & provide:
- Well's applications support
- Provide data management activities
- Data migration between multi-vendor Applications & remote teams.
- Agree with Team Lead measurable performance objectives & review twice per annum in line with the annual performance management process.
- Manage formal training plan ensuring skills & capabilities line up with ITC requirements & provide end user support & mentoring.
- Work with Applications, Data & other ITC teams to deploy, monitor, maintain, upgrade, data management, systems integration & application maintenance. Involve in data centres operations Server maintenance activities.
- Manage releases, patching & hot fixes process by ensuring UAT & Pre-& Post deployment into production environment. Recover from incidents & complete subsequent problem management & Root Cause Analysis.
- Manage the implementation of projects, & operations by taking proactive remediation steps when required. Provide a structured weekly/monthly report that monitor progress, Incidents, Projects, Key Activities & Management Information.
- Document & ensure that technical standards are adhered to. Document & test standard operating procedure & ensure these are scheduled & completed as required.
- Use appropriate tools to monitor & manage applications reporting on capacity, performance & optimisation, taking remediation action as necessary.
- Identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks & execute approved options.
- Actively promote a culture of HSSE awareness within team & the wider organisation.
Education - University degree in the field of Petroleum Engineering & related equivalent experience.ITC Wells Applications & System Support Consultant Essential experience & job requirements
The individual must have proven track record of Applications support, Data Loading & Management, SQL & Oracle database & proactive real time drilling support. Applications Support:
Data Loading & Management
- User support & mentoring for Wells applications (EDM Suite of Applications)
- EDM Wells data hierarchy & Daily Reports Management
- EDM Data Support, Picklist addition & Internal customisation
- Designing workflow in different EDM applications in Wells
- System Management aspects
- EDM Release management & its integration with other software.
Data & Project QC
- OpenWells Daily reports, Well data loading, Survey loading
- Historical Wells data management in EDM
- Setting up data transfer protocols between Office & Rig sites & ensure the smooth data transfer operations
- Well Schematics & Profile management
- Disk storage Management
- Database support for EDM (Oracle/SQL)
The individual will be required to carry out System Administration as highlighted below:
- Data Storage Management
- Daily reports QA/QC & communicate with office & rig teams
- QC the loaded data & Rig data transferred
- Projects Management & updating
- User Access Control & Management
- Software & License Management
- Perform tasks like database backup/restore etc
- Application Upgrades, & Patching
- Application troubleshooting
- Manage wells department environment in line with standards
- Storage Management
- A proven track record in application support & data management, maintenance, & services.
- Demonstrable understanding of diverse, multicultural work environment (Middle East experience preferable).
- Operational skills, with a bias for action, & a good understanding of all IT technologies including
- Experience in Oil & Gas, E&P data & applications
- Knowledge of Oracle & SQL database administration
- Communication skills (verbal & written) & Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills & able to work with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Proactive thinking - the ability to come up with options & solutions
- Attention to detail, Delivery focused
- Agility & willing to challenge & be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Working experience in Iraq, Awareness of IT Practices in Wells space Globally.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.