Posted: Oct 19, 2021
Posted: Oct 19, 2021
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Accountant to join our team in Perth, Western Australia on permanent role, as part of its Operations APAC (West) business.
Wood "Operations" delivers Brownfield's engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Reporting directly to the Finance Lead, y ou will be responsible for:
- Reviewing of weekly Timewriting hours, ensuring accurate allocation of time and costs to contracted work
- Ensuring alignment of client and internal financial systems to facilitate billing and cost reconciliation
- Ensuring rates data changes captured in a timely manner in Oracle and submitted to the client for approval
- Invoicing client in accordance with contract
- Managing customer financial audit processes & ensure resolution is reached
- Ensuring customer payments meet contractual timing
- Liaising with client representatives, and project personnel to resolve billing queries
- Managing the entire billing process and ensure that the DSO target for the contract is achieved, with any issues raised timely for resolution with the respective parties
- Reporting contract performance and analyses variances eg internal and external dashboard reports and other reports as required by the contract
- Undertaking the month end close for contract and the submission of various group reporting requirement eg Flash/Bridge/Unbilled and AR analysis
- Working with Delhi to ensure allocation of payments to receivables is done timely monthly
- Having a good understanding of the contract; be well aware of the financial and commercial terms that governs the operation of the contract so that value added analysis can be drawn up for the contract
- Leading various initiatives to define finance processes and procedures to support the contract framework
- Taking on all other financial analysis, financial data request as required by the contact manager and corporate
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process for the contract; driving deadlines, deliverables and analysis of the forecasted revenue and margin against prior years
- Managing internal and external stakeholders for all financial matters
- Performing risk assessment on all financial processes implementing mitigating controls as necessary;
- Resolving / Coordinating / Troubleshooting all process issues/matters on the contract relating to Iexpense, Azolve, timewriting, 3 rd party time writers
- Reviewing / Approving coding of invoices in Azolve
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
You must have full Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
Ideally, you will hold a degree or Professional Qualifications in Finance / Accounting from a recognised institution and have 2+ years of relevant project accounting experience.
You will have:
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, ERP and other IT systems
- An ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organisation
- A customer focussed approach to your profession - internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with proven experience in client facing roles
- Exceptional analytical and numerical skills
- A "solutions mindset" and be delivery driven with an ability to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
In return this role will offer you an opportunity to thrive within a global organisation working collaboratively as diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds, unlocking tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages applications from Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you are an experienced Project Accountant and ready for your next contract - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.