Staff Software Engineer
Do you enjoy learning in a technical environment?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team? Join our Digital Solutions team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team is building a next-generation platform of software for intelligent decisions, supporting the mission-critical requirements of customers. Partner with the best
This position is responsible for designing complex modules, critical components, or a whole application/product in its entirety. A staff software engineer has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability, and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion To be successful in this role you will:
- Expert in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation.
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
- Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting technical asks.
- Demonstrates skills in influencing technical decisions within engineering and product teams and owns the technical architecture of the product/application.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
- Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the below areas
- Have a solid understanding of OOP/OOD and design patterns.
- Microservices, Cloud deployment, Async development, REST API design, Database design, Responsive Web Design, Single Page Application, Messaging, DevOps concept
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Cloud computing: Setting up end-to-end web application using AWS ecosystem.
- Experience in working with Agile methodology. Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Experience in Python/Django/Flask would be an added advantage.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.