Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Structural Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team in Burlington, ON.
The Structural EIT will be completing assignments on development of structural drawings, structural modeling, analysis, design and structural assessment by site visits and perform assignments under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer or Project Manager.
Projects involvement will range from site feasibility analysis to detailed design and assistance through the construction phase. The Structural EIT will assume some project coordination duties and have interaction with clients.
- Working on preliminary and detailed design assignments for major buildings/ facilities projects
- Work on a team with other project engineers and designers on the EA, preliminary, and detailed design of Structural components of the projects while coordinating with other disciplines including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Roads and Transit Engineering.
- Working with a team and visits sites for structural assessment of the existing structures, organize documents and assist in preparation of the condition assessment reports and preliminary design of rehabilitations
- Working closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other professional staff with project management tasks including project coordination, report and memo preparation, project scheduling, client interaction and quality control and assurance.
- Assist Lead engineers and project managers to prepares proposals
- Provide assistance with the creation and submission of structural drawings, technical reports, memos, specifications and calculations. Will also assist in preparing final construction documents and reports.
- Design and drafting for the preparation of structural drawings under direction from Project Engineer or Project Manager on various structural portion of the projects
- Review drawings, calculations, specifications and other engineering documentation for compliance with contract requirements, good engineering practices, codes, and standards
- Perform or review engineering and design tasks requiring operation of available computer assisted software and/or equipment that increments work productivity and accuracy
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality while monitoring delegated activities for schedule and budget
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering
- Minimum 1-3 years of related engineering experience.
- Registration as an EIT in Ontario
- Excellent verbal and communications skills are required
- Excellent technical writing skill is required
- Document control experience (ProjectWise is a plus)
- Experience in AutoCAD and MicroStation is an asset
- An attitude and commitment to quality, teaming, innovative problem solving, communication, relationship management, and the culture that is integral to our employee ownership model
- Ability to work with administrative supervision and effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.