Skills: Risk Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for a RISK ANALYST within Eni Trade & Biofuels (ETB) in London. You will be responsible for providing daily performance and control analysis of the trading business and working closely with the traders and the other parts of the ETS business, reporting to the Oil Market Risk Manager .
About Eni Trade & Biofuels (ETB)
In keeping with Eni's overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, biofuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni's oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon, and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB's activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB's integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
As a member of The Market Risk Team at ETB you will be responsible for :
- Daily generate exposure and risk metric calculation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, in particular, daily monitor the market exposure and profit and loss move for assigned physical books and related derivatives.
- Analyzing, investigating, and commenting PNL trading results focusing on trading and shipping performances and market trends.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of risk metrics (i.e. VaR and stress analysis) and perform ad hoc analysis where necessary;
- Maintaining a good knowledge of market conditions on monitored products using provided tools.
- Supporting automation initiatives and where necessary work with ICT to drive necessary developments.
- Interfacing and supporting front office assigned desk in reaction to new market risks as well as the development of new market/products.
- Guarantee compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support when necessary internal and external audit requests.
- Contributing to the month and quarter-end activities for assigned books.
- Managing ad hoc demands.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Previous experience within a Market Risk environment in an oil trading company.
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress test, scenario analysis,
- Knowledge of Platt's Market on Close (MOC), E-window, and any other trading platform
- Knowledge of financial hedging on Oil & Product, vessel chartering, shipping, or bulk commodity movement.
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills.
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Good knowledge of one or more IT systems would be an advantage (Endur, ICTS).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel abilities, preferably VBA;
- Good Knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.