Posted: Oct 15, 2021
Posted: Oct 15, 2021
Skills: Crane Operator, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisiana, USA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Sparrows Group are looking for an experienced Overhead Crane Mechanic to join the team in various locations in Southern Louisiana (Lake Charles, Houma and Slidell) on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role will be to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and the shop.
• Read diagrams, schematic drawings, and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair overhead cranes.
• Repair hoists, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components.
• Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for onshore and offshore cranes.
• Observe competitive activities. Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
• Identify and request replacement parts to perform repairs.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual.
• Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Understand basic operations of pneumatic, electric, mechanical, principles, machinery alignment, rigging etc.
• Electrical and pneumatic experience.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Good depth perception.
• Experience in service-related area.
• Must have completed mandated field hours.
• Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
• Good driving record.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.