Skills: Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
What if you could propose technical solutions to improve the environment and help the industry to move towards Zero Net solutions? You could join our talented team of water engineers working in different projects across the world unlocking solutions to the new challenges of the future.
Creating a better tomorrow
Do you have a keen interest in engineering and sustainability and an enthusiasm for developing solutions to complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for the ideal opportunity to take your career in environmental and engineering consultancy to the next level? If so, we are recruiting for a high-calibre Senior Process Engineer to join our Water Engineering Team at Wood with a particular focus on Industrial Water Solutions.
Join our quest to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges
Wood has a long established and evolving business delivering environmental and engineering consultancy and advice to clients within the UK and worldwide. This role will sit within our Water Engineering team, which focuses on delivering engineering services for the Municipal Water Sector in the UK and Ireland and to provide engineering solutions to industrial clients worldwide. Our work covers a broad range of services incorporating engineering and consultancy services in the water sector, industrial and municipal and supporting Wood's purpose to unlock solutions to deliver a net-zero future and enable a more sustainable, resilient and liveable world.
A typical day for this role will consist of the following:
- Produce Process Design deliverables such as: Heat and Mass Balance, General Process Calculation and Modelling, Data Sheet productions, P&ID production, mark up
- Meetings with multidisciplinary teams in the projects you will be involved
- Support to Project Managers in technical discussions with our clients
- Discussions and liaison with technology providers and vendors
- Design sprints
- HAZOP, HAZID, ENVID attendance
- Design Reviews attendance
- Value Engineering solutions
- Interact with junior members of the team for review of documents or other tasks
Join #TeamWood, you belong here
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within Chemical Engineering in the Water Engineering field and across Wood's wider Resilient Environment International consultancy business.
Skills / Qualifications
Ready to take on challenging and diverse Engineering projects? We are too... so we would like to know if you have...
- Experience delivering studies, feasibility, concept designs, FEED and detail design in water treatment solutions
- Understanding of circular economy, Zero Liquid Discharge, emerging tertiary treatments both in municipal and industrial sector
- Understanding of challenges relating to a transition to sustainable behaviours within industry, business and domestic sectors
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment or engineering company or other relevant industry acting as Process Engineer
- Proven ability to prepare high quality written technical reports and deliver verbal presentations to a high level of quality assurance for a variety of audiences
- Confident, articulate communicator with ability to engage in active, professional verbal communications and presentations to colleagues (including senior colleagues), clients and sub-contractors
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary meetings (online and face to face) and acting as the organisation technical representative with external clients
- Biowin knowledge will be a bonus (or any other modelling software for Water and Wastewater treatment)
In Wood we also value Qualifications in addition to experience
- MEng in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Professional affiliation with or membership of appropriate body (e.g. CIWEM or IChemE)
- CEng or working towards it
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. We are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- A range of internal and external training opportunities
- A global mentoring programme
- Support for gaining and retaining chartership through professional institutions
Fairness, support in professional development and a healthy, safe work environment - these are of great importance to us. Where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised. Where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Wood encourages a work-life balance, we will support your individual needs, accepting who you are and where you come from.
We understand the challenging times we live in now, making time for the other important things in our family, friends and ourselves is key. We can offer a flexible working pattern and hybrid work options so we can discuss with you what suits you best.
The role offers a 37.5 hour working week (part-time/ flexible options also available), 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, life assurance, paid professional subscription and health insurance. We also have additional flexible benefits available including cycle to work scheme, additional health cover, travel insurance and dental insurance.
We are proud of the diversity of our teams, we have an inclusive culture, with different networks where you can participate: WREN (Wood Race and Ethnicity Network), Equal Footing (Equal Gender Network), PRIDE (LGTB+ Network), Armed Forces Network, Neurodiversity Network.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.