Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Senior Piping Designer (EOI) - Various Locations
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for several Senior Piping Designers to provide services on potential upcoming projects.
- Carry out site surveys in accordance with Wood and client safety regulations.
- Produce 2D Piping isometric and general arrangement drawings.
- 2D AutoCAD design software is required.
- 3D modelling using E3D software.
- Detail checking of all piping deliverables.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract.
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with all relevant technical standards and procedures.
- Maintain good communication with the project team and with the client.
- Maintain discipline filing system, both electronic and hard copy.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced designer with sound technical piping knowledge, and extensive experience of 2D and 3D software.
- Recent experience of site surveys on live operating plant.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject is essential, HNC is desirable.
- Extensive, recent experience in the use of 2D AutoCAD and Aveva E3D software.
- Conversant with ASME B31.3 Design code requirements.
- Able to create base designs and drawings from agreed workscope.
- Experience of MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Able to provide detailed (yellow line) checking of piping deliverables produced by others
- A proven self-starter with the ability to manage your own workload without supervision.
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation a pplicable to piping design activity.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.