Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
Senior Piping Engineer (EOI) - Various Locations
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for several Senior Piping Engineers to provide services on potential upcoming projects.
You will have detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects including:
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification and component selection
- Proven skill at support selection
- Capable of pipe routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards
- Checking and approval of all piping deliverables
- Carry out site surveys in accordance with Wood and client safety procedures
- Acting as discipline focal point
- Acting as interface with remote offshore execution centres
- Capable of representing the discipline to the Client
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to a minumim HNC in an Engineering based subject
- Thorough understanding of equipment typically encountered in projects
- Understand any special requirements that these may bring (Vibration / Maintenance / Piping configuration
- Demonstrate relevant experience in oil and gas and or petrochemical industry
- Ability to deal with resolution of technical and contractual issues.
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with the client
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
- Able to deal with policing of the design to ensure compliance with project requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.