Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Project Management, Engineering Manager
Other Skills: Renewables
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting a Principal Consultant - Renewables to drive and oversee projects across Australia. The role reports to the Vice President Specialist Engineering & Consulting and is based in the Perth CBD.
This is an exciting time to join Wood and the Specialist Engineering & Consulting Team as we lead the way in Energy Transition. We specialise in renewable energy and grid integration, providing engineering and technical advisory services that support the delivery of projects around the world. Our market-leading services and technologies provide engineering know-how to onshore and offshore wind, solar, wave and tidal and hydro projects.
The role requires an experienced technical leader with strong business and industry acumen with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy. The role offers an exciting blend of customer management and technical study delivery.
We are interested to connect with candidates who are strong leaders, with solid communication and interpersonal skills, along with the technical knowledge and experience in managing multiple projects in the renewables market. You will thrive in this role with demonstrated success in managing scopes in the renewable space and have a strong desire to be pivotal in growing this capability locally, while your enthusiasm will drive interest from across the business.
Role accountabilities will include
- Act as the primary client contact, working together with senior leaders to position the company and provide responsive solutions to clients
- Engage and promote Thought Leadership within the industry
- Foster and develop a growing team across Australia
- Lead proposals and studies engaging support from the aligned Business Development function
- Meet or exceed annual growth objectives
- Manage multiple, complex renewable energy projects and scopes of work
- Leverage Wood Global Technical Expert Network and technology solutions in the region
- Ensure high quality delivery on all studies
- Assist in development of standards, tools and processes to foster continuous improvement
- Enthusiastically work to connect, engage, collaborate and respond to key client needs
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or Science or related discipline
- 15+ years' recent relevant experience in the oil and gas sector or related industry
- Demonstrated engineering / project management experience, managing all phases of projects including offshore scopes
- Knowledge, skill and demonstrated experience in either Project, Facilities engineering and execution of Studies with a passion for front end development work
- Well-rounded sector experience with alternate discipline or interface management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and proposals concurrently
- Demonstrated success in selling, understanding client needs and managing client-facing situations
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, using influence to secure support over authority
- Effective relationship building skills and interpreting client needs
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Effective in presentations, one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees across the business
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.