Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Plans and executes quality assurance (QA) processes and activities in conjunction with software development projects and tasks to ensure that software applications and products conform to user requirements and are fit-to-purpose. Provides technical and operational support for software testing. Provides technical and team leadership for software QA initiatives and processes. Develops methods, practices, and techniques to improve the software QA process. Leads development of and manages systems supporting automated software testing. Assists with administration of system configuration and work management systems. Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) on software applications, assisting Global Operations, Manufacturing, and R&M on various queries and failure analysis. Write installation, administration, deployment, quick start and other guides. Other responsibilities include writing release notes, and introducing new features and enhancements to training instructors and technical writers, providing technical and operational support.
- Participate in full testing life cycle, including requirements validation, test planning, test case identification / development, development of test automation framework, functional testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing
- Define test objectives, write and execute test cases and test scenarios to ensure that software products meet design specifications and ensure consistency, completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements. Collaborate with team to formulate testing scenarios and facilitate testing.
- Work as part of an agile team to ensure a successful product delivery and suggest and negotiate product testability enhancements. Ensure traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and problem reports.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of plans for testing phases of software development.
- Keeps management informed of potential issues and suggested actions that affect the systems, applications, and operations
- Collaborate with stakeholders (including subject matter experts, integration management, testers, project managers, discipline managers, and product owners) to formulate testing scenarios and facilitate testing.
- Work closely with developers in debugging and fixing defects. Provide feedback to manager and/or development team regarding ways to improve test processes and development performance.
- Tracking the defects and making sure that all the defects are closed before final delivery. Report software issues and bugs to a reporting system for review.
- Interface with end users to determine new and modified functionality of existing application. Design, develop and maintain enterprise level application and web sites.
- Providing technical assistance in root cause analysis, utilize programming and problem solving skills to develop troubleshooting concepts and techniques. Provide technical and operational support to testers and end-users.
- Assist in project schedule planning
- Work with Technical Documentation group to define work instructions and Field Operations Procedures
- Provide or assist in providing second level or emergency technical support as needed
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Minimum 5-8+ years related experience
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Experience in testing of products and software for Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Azure DevOps required
- Proficiency in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook)
- Solid experience in writing Software Development Requirements and test-related documentation such as Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Reports
- Ability to effectively design and execute software test plans / test cases
- Experience in any SDLCs like Agile Scrum, Waterfall/ Iterative & Incremental/ V-Model Methodology
- Advanced expertise with software trouble-shooting
- Good verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to exhibit sound judgment with a logical thought process
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, within provided list of priorities
- Firmware / Software integration testing is a plus