Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Construction Manager in the Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta area, supporting a greenfield project in the Food & Agri industry for approximately 4 months.
As a member of the Owner's Project Management team, the selected candidate will oversee and manage construction work at the Client's greenfield site. The Construction Manager will be seconded into the Client's organization and will be working directly under the supervision of the Client. The Construction Manager will be responsible for organizing, managing and administering all site construction activities in accordance with the Project requirements. Some of the duties anticipated for the Construction Manager include:
- Enforce Safety, Health, Environment, and Security requirements with all Construction Contractors and Vendors
- Lead development of the Construction and Pre-commissioning plans as well as the Construction safety plan
- Provide key input into the development of the site procurement plan, site staffing plan and risk management
- Assist construction safety personnel and Contractors in development of Contractor specific safety plans
- Provide key input to the definition of Construction Work Packages
- Lead the development of the construction schedule and any revisions required for approved project changes or recovery plans needed to address schedule slippage
- Lead constructability reviews and provide constructability Input throughout the project life cycle as required
- Lead preparation efforts for construction mobilization. Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Temporary power, water, etc.
- Temporary site facilities
- Temporary roads and parking
- Equipment and material lay-downs
- Construction permitting (ie. lifting, excavations, etc)
- Input into site staffing plan for Owner's Team
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, local laws and regulations, policies and procedures. Ensure that requirements relating to site operation are implemented and complied with.
- Ensure adequate on-site management of materials (warehousing and field)
- Lead, manage and coordinate all field resources (Contractors, Site Vendors, etc.), providing a "point of contact" interface and ensuring good communication
- Ensure construction work is well organized, properly assigned, and supervised. Provides coaching where needed
- Assist with management of labour relations throughout field execution
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve construction-related issues or problems, especially in cases where a delay could cause impact to project safety, schedule and / or cost
- Provide regular progress reports to the Owner's project team and other key stakeholders
- Responsible for adherence to the construction schedule and budget, ensuring schedule, earned-value analysis and cost forecasts are accurate
- Utilizes the Change Control Procedure in managing and reporting all field changes
- Identify and report construction events that may impact the project's cost, schedule, and scope
- Ensures requirements for permitting, lifting plans and excavations and any other approvals are in accordance with site procedures
- Ensure inspection plans and staffing plans are developed and adequate to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and standards
- Ensure mandatory inspections and testing is being completed and properly recorded
- Coordinate testing service providers
- Ensure punch lists are properly defined and resolved prior to commissioning, start-up and contractor demobilization
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years of managing construction for large greenfield industrial construction projects
- Multi-discipline experience is essential since all disciplines will be required
- Extensive track record successfully managing large industrial construction projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate the right level of construction and technical experience.
- Could be eligible for a Living Out Allowance upon mobilization to site.
- Current authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.