Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Billing / Credit Coordinator to join our Consulting business in our Houston, TX office. Reporting to the Finance Manager, USA, this role is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with Wood policies and managing the unbilled, accounts receivable, collections and cash forecast for the USA Consulting Entities under the Energy Optimization and Innovation group. As part of this job, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the compliance with Wood's Credit Risk policy for the designated entities/businesses.
This key role:
- Works closely with Operational management, Project Managers, Project Controllers, as well as the Delhi Financial Shared Services center (FSC), to assure timely invoicing and cash collections.
- Works with Clients to monitor timeliness of cash collections and resolution of overdue invoice payments.
- Managing the cash flow forecast.
If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Primary focal point with Delhi Financial shared services center (FSC) regarding monitoring of timely billings and collections. Liaison between US Business and FSC on invoice approvals and billing issues.
- Implementation of process improvement initiatives to reduce time to bill and cash collection.
- Review of accounts receivable/unbilled aging reports and provide robust commentary for aged items.
- Maintain a milestone tracker to assure timely billing of lump sum projects.
- Assistance with the preparation of entities cash flow statements.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations for accounts receivable, unbilled receivables and bad debt.
- Prepare and post bad debt provision journals based on Wood's accounting policy. Obtain approval for bad debt entries as per Company's delegation of authority.
- Preparation and distribution of accounts receivable/unbilled dashboards to the Business.
- Monitoring and improvement of DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) metric for the assigned entities and business lines.
- Follow up with clients to assure payments are performed on time and reduce the number of overdue invoices.
- Responsible for compliance with Wood's credit risk policy, credit checks for new clients and review of credit risk of existing clients.
- Understand the invoicing requirements and client approval process contained within the commercial agreements to assure that actual process matches with contract requirements.
- Assistance with preparation of monthly reporting pack for Accounts Receivable, Unbilled AR, DSO and Unbilled categorization sections.
- Assist with Internal and External auditor requirements in regards to AR and Unbilled.
- Assist with self-assessment for Internal Control Questionnaire.
- Overheads including variances to budget/forecast
- AR and Unbilled Management, with the aim to improve DSO.
- Adhoc duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant experience managing DSO, Accounts receivable, Unbilled, Credit and Cash flow forecasts
- Ability to work independently
- Focused on process improvement
- Focused on delivery of results and improvement of metrics
- Numerate, Analytical, with an Inquisitive background
- Experience working on an ERP system, ideally Oracle but other ERP's also carry importance.
- Power BI is a plus.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Good Excel skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.