Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Alvarado, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Gas Lift Maintenance Mechanic in Alvarado, TX. Local candidates only, as this is not rotational work and no per diem or lodging will be provided. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the firm's equipment, including compressors and motors and Gas lifts.
- Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal supervision
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations is properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately
Skills / Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of direct industrial experience as a rotating equipment mechanic
- Current valid driver's license
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following:
- Lifting (raising and transporting up to 50 pounds)
- Bending, stooping, and moderate manual labor
- Working in confined spaces
- Climbing and working at various levels above ground
- Working on a 40 hour per week schedule with occasional overtime when needed for mechanical reliability at the facility
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.