Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer (Fracture Mechanics) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
An RP&IT Senior Engineer is a key member of the team, seeking to use their considerable technical and professional experience to deliver optimum solutions for both project support and R&D activities. In doing so a Senior Engineer shall simultaneously develop their knowledge and that of the team.
- Co-ordination and execution of engineering work packages to support subsea project teams and vessel delivery teams around the world.
- Direct interface with project teams and engineers regarding the project engineering work.
- Interaction with operators and third-party verification companies to support the project engineering work.
- Supervision of less experienced engineers to co-ordinate work activities, for training and development, and to ensure that high standards of quality are met.
- Consolidation of best technical practice developed during projects.
- Definition of R&D initiatives.
- A high quality honours degree in mechanical or structural engineering, or closely related courses. The degree must contain a thorough grounding in the theory and techniques of mechanical and structural engineering.
- Numerate and fully computer literate
- Proven ability for structural/mechanical engineering analysis.
- Extensive experience of subsea pipeline design or installation engineering.
- Able to apply engineering principles and techniques to the subsea pipeline design and installation activities of company. Typical engineering tasks include but are not limited to the analysis of pipeline installation by reeling; analysis of pipeline spooling; catenary installation analysis; pipeline thermal and mechanical design.
- Experience and knowledge of fracture mechanics, and application to pipelines through engineering criticality assessments (ECA) of pipeline welds.
- Knowledge and experience in applying industry subsea pipeline codes and relevant standards, including DNV GL standards and recommended practices
- Experience in use of FEA software such as Orcaflex and Abaqus, and specialist ECA software such as TWI Crackwise.
Nice to Have
- Post-graduate degree qualification in a subsea or pipeline engineering subject
- Evidence of career self-improvement via training or part-time qualifications.
- Experience of advanced fracture mechanics analysis, including elastic-plastic and FEA methods.
- Offshore industry experience.