Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Pipeline Engineer (Finite Element Analysis) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
An RP&IT Engineer is a key member of the team, seeking to use their considerable technical and professional experience to deliver optimum solutions for both project support and R&D activities. In doing so an Engineer shall simultaneously develop their knowledge and ability.
- Completion of engineering work packages for subsea project teams around the world
- Completion of engineering work packages and development activities under the subsea R&D program.
- Delivering a high quality of work conforming to RP&IT and company procedures.
- Interaction with other team members and supervisors.
- Proactively seeking advice, guidance and training where appropriate, and develop personal competencies and ability.
- Engaging with other team members and peers to share good practice and ensure continuous development and improvement.
- Continuous improvement through identification and definition of R&D initiatives.
- Consolidation of best technical practice.
- A high quality honours degree in mechanical or structural engineering, or closely related courses. The degree must contain a thorough grounding in the theory and techniques of mechanical and structural engineering.
- Highly numerate and fully computer literate.
- Ability in the analysis of structural or mechanical engineering problems, including the application of engineering principles and techniques to solve new and novel problems.
- Experience of advanced finite element analysis (FEA), including complex non-linear FEA (large deformation, plasticity, contact problems).
- Experience in the use of FEA software, particularly Abaqus.
- Able to apply complex engineering principles to subsea pipeline design and installation activities of company. Typical engineering tasks include analysis of pipeline installation by reeling and pipeline thermo-mechanical analysis.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics.
- Basic knowledge of fracture mechanics
- Competency in programming (Python, Matlab, R or similar)
Nice to Have
- Post-graduate degree qualification in an advanced engineering subject
- Evidence of career self-improvement via training or part-time qualifications.
- Knowledge of other advanced engineering software e.g., CFD.
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics analysis, including engineering criticality analysis (ECA).
- Offshore industry experience.
- Knowledge of subsea industry codes and standards, including DNV GL standards and recommended practices.
- Working knowledge of intermediate statistics.
- High level of competency in programming (Python, Matlab, R or similar).
- Experience with Python scripting in Abaqus environment.