Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer (Finite Element Analysis) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
An RP&IT Senior Engineer is a key member of the team, seeking to use their considerable technical and professional experience to deliver optimum solutions for both project support and R&D activities. In doing so a Senior Engineer shall simultaneously develop their knowledge and that of the team.
- Co-ordination and execution of engineering work packages for subsea project teams around the world.
- Co-ordination and execution of engineering work packages and development activities under the subsea R&D program.
- Direct interface with project teams, engineers and management regarding the different engineering activities.
- Interaction with operators and third-party verification companies to support project and development engineering activities.
- Supervision of less experienced engineers to co-ordinate work activities, for training and development, and to ensure that high standards of quality are met.
- Continuous improvement through identification and definition of R&D initiatives.
- Consolidation of best technical practice.
- A high-quality honours degree in mechanical or structural engineering, or closely related courses. The degree must contain a thorough grounding in the theory and techniques of mechanical and structural engineering.
- Highly numerate and fully computer literate.
- Proven ability in the analysis of structural or mechanical engineering problems, including the application of engineering principles and techniques to solve new and novel problems.
- Extensive experience of advanced finite element analysis (FEA), including complex non-linear FEA (large deformation, plasticity, contact problems)
- Extensive experience in use of FEA software, particularly Abaqus.
- Able to apply complex engineering principles to subsea pipeline design and installation activities of company. Typical engineering tasks include analysis of pipeline installation by reeling and pipeline thermo-mechanical analysis.
- Experience in applying industry codes and relevant standards to new engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics.
- Basic knowledge of linear elastic and elastic-plastic fracture mechanics
- Competency in programming (Python, Matlab, R or similar)
Nice to have:
- Post-graduate degree qualification in an advanced engineering subject.
- Evidence of career self-improvement via training or part-time qualifications.
- Experience with other advanced engineering software e.g., CFD.
- Experience of fracture mechanics analysis, including application of FEA methods to engineering criticality analysis (ECA).
- Offshore industry experience.
- Experience and knowledge of subsea industry codes and standards, including DNV GL standards and recommended practices.
- Working knowledge of intermediate statistics.
- High level of competency in programming (Python, Matlab, R or similar).
- Experience with Python scripting in Abaqus environment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are essential for interface and reporting to multiple stakeholders during performance of the work.
- Open communication skills are essential in order to undertake effective development of fellow team members. It is expected that this will be achieved through task related discussions, leading by example and support of colleagues' development.
- A Senior Engineer must have enthusiasm and diligence for both their specific field of expertise and the continuous improvement of RP&IT and company as a whole.