Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Atlanta Design Center in Kennesaw, GA. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for leading electrical engineering designs, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, low and medium voltage facility power distribution system design, switchgear, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, emergency and standby systems, and other related equipment for facility power.
Candidate shall be licensed and able to be the electrical engineer-of-record responsible for design of the electrical distribution systems for projects under their supervision. Candidate shall be familiar with assembling project drawings and specifications, proposals, technical scopes of work, estimating engineering design budgets, cost estimating and engineering assessment reports. Candidate is responsible for supporting the coordination of project tasks, mentoring and supervising the design engineers.
The types of projects involved include industrial, manufacturing, commercial, federal, military, private, water/wastewater and higher educational facilities. Engineer will supervise and mentor design engineers and serve as a leader for the departmental standards and practices.
Instrumentation and control (I&C) design including SCADA, design of control systems, design of control panels, specifying instruments, development of network architectures, PLC design, developing control strategies are a plus.
Field and construction experience are a plus.
- Design requirements include construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, record drawings, material submittal reviews, construction inspection and development of construction programming documents.
- Generate and review proposals, manhour estimates, and technical scopes of work including assumptions and exclusions.
- Review design packages for technical accuracy, quality control and assurance
- In this role, your design delivery responsibilities will include power system coordination modeling, conceptual design development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings, bid package preparation, field investigations, I&C design, and support during construction both in the office and the field.
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing electrical engineering designs, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, low and medium voltage facility power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, and related equipment for facility power.
- Instrumentation and control (I&C) design including SCADA, design of control systems, design of control panels, specifying instruments, development of network architectures, PLC design, developing control strategies are a plus.
- Types of projects may include primary and secondary electrical distribution, voltages up to 25kV, transformers, wiring, interior electrical systems, communications, lighting, industrial controls and control systems, grounding, lightning protection, instrumentation and energy conservation. Must be familiar with low and medium voltage switchgear, switchboards, transformers, load break switches and heavy industrial equipment and manufacturing equipment.
- The candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities, which include supervising and mentoring junior and midlevel electrical, interact with clients, manage electrical and I&C related projects, and participate in new business development.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration required
- Experience: minimum 12+ years' experience in performing electrical engineering designs for low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in heavy industrial and/or manufacturing power distribution
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Expertise in field assessments, condition assessments and construction
- Knowledge of power system programs such as SKM or EasyPower is a plus.
- Skilled in developing designs for construction and repair of primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, wiring, interior electrical systems, communications, lighting, industrial controls and control systems, instrumentation, and energy conservation
- Serve as a task manager, or perform as lead discipline (electrical and I&C) person on projects as appropriate
- Scope and budget projects, identify method of project execution.
- Successfully execute electrical designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
- Support business opportunities and assist in proposal preparation, interviewing, scope, fee, etc.
- Mentor and supervise other electrical and I&C engineers and designers
- Perform contractor construction submittal reviews and request for information documents and lead general construction related discussions with the contractor for designed electrical power and controls systems.
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
- Position is based in Kennesaw, but will involve 50% travel to Client offices or project sites.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Registration in multiple states and/or NCEES registration
- LEED certification is a plus
- Experience lead multi-discipline design teams
- Experience in conducting design reviews
- Experience in field assessments and construction
- Experience in industrial power systems design, manufacturing, service entrance, feeder and branch circuits, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment
- Well versed in the application of the National Electrical Code
- Solid knowledge and understanding of electrical safety systems, NFPA 70E
- Experienced with hazardous and classified areas per NFPA as it relates to fueling and water/wastewater
- Effective oral and written communication
- Able to multi-task, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and work independently with a willingness to learn
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight and pressured deadline
- Work is typically performed in an office setting
- While performing site visits or inspections, may require bending, stooping, climbing, and carrying
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.