Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Herzliya, Tel Aviv District, Israel
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Accountant for work in our regional office based in Herzliya, the Senior Accountant is responsible for all finance activities of the Wood business entity in Israel. The role requires a strong local statutory accounting and tax knowledge as well as strong management accounting experience with a commercial background.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and review monthly performance of the contract against latest forecast including monitoring of accounts receivable, DSO and management of cash collection for all in country transactions.
- Reporting of financial performance to Senior management including clear and concise P&L variance analysis, accounts receivables, DSO, accruals and unbilled analysis with action plans for improvement where required.
- Ensure client invoices are prepared in accordance with the commercial terms of the contract, issued in a timely manner and cash collected on due dates.
- Preparation of annual budget / mid-year forecasts and monthly reforecasts for current in-hand contracts and future opportunities in conjunction with contract manager.
- Administer VAT, personal Income Tax, and National Insurance filings and payments.
- Ensure compliance with all local taxes including VAT, Personal Income Tax, and National Insurance.
- Administer all local Israeli finance duties (to be taken over from external advisors) - manage implementation of local accounting software to process payroll and associated taxes and local finance ledgers.
- Administer statutory (host country) reporting compliance ensuring filing deadlines are met on time.
- Ensure compliance with Group accounting policies.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all balances are fully substantiated with adequate commentary and supporting documentation.
- Administer process and procedures, review & improve system/procedure as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Liaise as needed with in country auditors and tax advisors.
- Positive customer feedback
- Financial performance versus budget / forecast (actual versus forecast)
- Days Sales outstanding performance
- Compliance with internal /external deadlines
- Accuracy of budgets / forecast
Candidates should be local to the region or have rights to reside and work in the region.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant business degree
- Qualified CPA or equivalent
- A number of years prior experience in the Oil and Gas or a related industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of Local and statutory Tax framework
- Oracle Financials experience highly desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.