Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager with strong experience in the power, industrial, chemical, and / or refining, industries to join our team in Oakville, Ontario.
Wood's Manager of Operations will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our Oakville office. This position is a seller-doer role and will require the individual to oversee and manage key projects and clients, as required. This position will also play a key role in business development by engaging with key clients, maintaining client relationships and identifying new opportunities for winning and delivering work.
- Deliver growth in the areas of responsibility through close collaboration with the Growth and Development team.
- Assist with developing and delivering a robust business plan, whilst driving and supporting corporate initiatives, ensuring company values are at the core of all activities.
- Expand the company's business in the area served, directs local business development programs, proactively identify new opportunities and support / lead bid and tender activity as appropriate.
- Oversee proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
- Support P & L oversight including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection.
- Ensure HSSEA values are delivered and adhered to at all times, proactively leading and demonstrating safety behavioural values. Lead and focus the team to attain all HSE plans, supporting continuous improvement and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Ensure financial, safety, and quality controls and compliance to company policies.
- Ensure our people and the worksites at which they operate are safe and well managed.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation (such as digitalization and technology) and inter-company collaboration (i.e. work share)
- Serves as project manager for key projects / clients as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, or related technical field or Undergraduate degree in a commercial / business discipline
- 10+ years of proven management experience of increasing responsiblility, preferably within an EPC / EPCM environment, and experience in business development proposals (i.e. tenders)
- Experience in an operations management role (including developing and managing the business unit's budget, P&L), and in managing projects will be strongly considered in the selection process
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and account management skills are critical
- Current authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.