Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer within Process and Energy to join us on a staff basis in Darlington. This opportunity will entail design of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards, including specific service conditions.
The appointed Engineer will d emonstrate relevant experience in oil and gas and/or petrochemical industry. E xperience must include Process Studies, FEED Studies and detailed engineering of similar installations as Lead Engineer.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification and component selection
- Proven skill at support selection
- Checking and approval of all piping deliverables
- Preparation of Plot Plans in accordance with Project requirements and standards
- Capable of representing the discipline to the Client
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Appreciation of stress analysis techniques
- Produce planning schedules
- Create hours estimates to assist in proposals
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Carry out interviews
- Management of work delivered from remote execution centres
- Experienced in 3D project delivery using E3D or PDMS software
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to a minimum HNC in an Engineering based subject, degree level preferred
- Thorough understanding of Equipment typically encountered in projects
- Understanding of any special requirements that these may bring Vibration / Maintenance / Piping configuration
- Ability to deal with resolution of technical and contractual issues and policing of the design
- Ensure compliance with project requirements
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with client
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.