Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Lead Automation and Control Engineer to support our projects in the UK.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Lead Engineer will provide technical, project management and functional responsibility for Automation & Control project execution
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Acts in Lead technical and supervisory roles in project definition, development, and execution
- Leads project sub - teams during system design and implementation
- Coordinates with project discipline and senior engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design for their engineering specialty and coordinates the work of engineers within their specialty
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- Produces Monthly technical and Commercial Progress Reports
- Control of budget and labour hours
- Customer focal point, ensuring client satisfaction / requirements are addressed or met
- Support the bid and estimating function especially for future phases of work
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Degree or demonstratable equivalent experience
- Compelling experience in Automation and Control Engineering Discipline
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
- Significant experience in multiple industries e.g. Oil and Gas, Refining, Chemical, Pharmaceutical is preferred
- Detailed experience in project estimating, planning and management / leadership aspects of project work
- Up to date knowledge / experience of legacy and modern PLC and SCADA systems
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies, or equal training / experience
- A good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools and trends
- Commercially aware
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Inquisitive, well organized and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.