Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Principal Consultant - Process to drive and oversee projects across Australia. The role reports to the Vice President Specialist Engineering & Consulting and is based in the Perth CBD and is offered on a permanent staff basis.
This is an exciting time to join Wood and the Specialist Engineering & Consulting Team as we lead the way in Energy Transition. We specialise in renewable energy and grid integration, providing engineering and technical advisory services that support the delivery of projects around the APAC region. The team is growing and influencing markets that include, petrochemical, chemical, pharma, refining and hydrocarbons. Additionally, our Perth based team play a significant role in projects in energy transition including hydrogen and carbon capture storage, circular economy and emerging technologies.
We are interested to connect with candidates who are leaders, with demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, along with the technical knowledge and experience in managing multiple projects.
Role accountabilities will include:
- Act as the primary client contact, working collaboratively with senior leaders to position the company and provide responsive solutions to clients
- Engage and promote Thought Leadership within the industry
- Foster and develop a growing team across Australia
- Lead proposals and studies engaging support from the aligned Business Development function
- Manage multiple, complex energy projects and scopes of work
- Leverage Wood Global Technical Expert Network and technology solutions in the region
- Ensure high quality delivery on all studies
- Assist in development of standards, tools and processes to foster continuous improvement
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering, Science or related discipline
- 15+ years' recent relevant experience in the oil and gas sector or related industry
- Demonstrated engineering / project management experience, managing all phases of projects including offshore scopes
- Knowledge, skill and demonstrated experience in either Consulting, Project, Facilities engineering and execution of Studies with a passion for front end development work
- Well-rounded sector experience with alternate discipline or interface management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and proposals concurrently
- Demonstrated skills in understanding client needs and managing client-facing situations
- Effective in working within a matrix organization, using influence to secure support over authority
- Demonstrated relationship building skills and interpreting client needs and delivering on agreed outcomes
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Effective at presentations, one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees across the business
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.