Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeenshire, UK, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a PPS Applications Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeenshire
To evaluate customer enquiries and work scope requirements, propose appropriate PPS product(s) and/or solutions and ensure successful execution of the work scope whilst promoting the PPS product and services range.
- To work alongside PPS Operations Supervisor to provide the complete PPS service from initial customer contact to the completion of the job.
- Responsible for all aspects of job control from quotation to successful job completion. This will include assessing job requirements, submitting quotations and contract variations where applicable, and ensuring timely delivery of job and client satisfaction.
- Prepare quotations and job specific work procedures tailored to the works scope requirements and/or proposed solutions, plan and successfully execute job orders to meet client requirements and expectations.
- To ensure all customer enquiries are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
- To ensure that the internal processes and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- Continually work to retain and extend the PPS customer base.
- Continually work to increase the PPS product market share.
- To ensure any customer grievances are dealt with in a prompt and competent manner.
- Relevant engineering or operational background.
- Mechanical background with a basic understanding of assembly and pressure testing techniques.
- Oil & Gas topside, process or pipeline experience.
- Project engineering experience.
- Technical writing skills.
- Client liaison skills.
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage.
- Oil & gas service industry experience.
- Standard Grades, Higher Grades or equivalent.
- HND / HNC in an engineering discipline.
- A positive attitude.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team or as an individual.
- Appreciation and understanding of environment and health & safety responsibilities.