Our client is looking for a Project Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeenshire.
To plan, coordinate and process work scope associated with project related contracts for all company products
- Assist in the preparation of detailed quotations for project related enquiries including the compilation of all relevant engineering, manufacturing and assembly/testing costs.
- Responsible for creating and managing project plan, budget, contract milestones.
- Responsible for reporting on project progress, cost budget and resources.
- Coordination of all technical documentation which may be required for the bid submission such as drawings and operational procedures.
- Participate in design/operational reviews associated with project deliverables.
- Chair project kick-off meetings upon award of contract.
- Prepare field survey work packs and resource.
- Coordination of all technical documentation required for the project including engineering drawings, test procedures, operational procedures and risk assessments.
- Attend client meetings and hazop's as required.
- Ensure drawings and associated documents are received in a timely manner from engineering to meet project delivery schedule.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are raised for all manufacturing and assembly components which are required for the project.
- Ensure item requirement and and manufacturing request forms are issued for all components associated with the project.
- Ensure drawings are issued to manufacturing department in a timely manner to meet key project dates.
- Write all necessary 'in house' testing procedures relative to each project undertaken.
- Ensure assembly and test request forms are raised and assembly/test work pack is issued to workshop.
- Coordinate visits by client or 3rd party test inspection to witness testing activities.
- Lead project risk management activities.
- Write operational procedures for offshore scope of supply.
- Follow management of change process.
- Compile mobilisation list and advise operations on deployment requirement for offshore personnel.
- Assist with field deployment as required.
- Ensure manufacturing record books, when required, are compiled.
- Prepare close-out and revenue reports upon completion of project.
- BSc/BEng or equivalent in Mechanically biased subjects
- Chartered membership of IMechE or similar would be an advantage
- Sound engineering background with topside/process/pipeline/subsea experience would be an advantage
- Mechanical or fabrication engineering qualification and/or very strong practical oil and gas background
- Client liaison and financial awareness skills are essential as part of project engineering
- Good technical writing skills
- Driving license required
- IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills.